Wednesday 21 October 2009

Opening a Can of Worms?

Oh boy!! Since deciding to start this blog, I've pulled out and gone through all my boxes and files of scribbles, memoirs and memories and, apart from feeling a bit emotionally drained, I'm also quite pleased with myself...

I'm not normally the tidiest or most organised person when it comes to putting things away in their proper places but I have really surprised myself with the fact I seem to have saved so much 'stuff' from over the years, it really is like my whole life has been sitting in these boxes just waiting for me to finally put it into some sort of order.

Some of the 'stuff' I've found has made me laugh, some made me cry and some has left me feeling angry, confused and even guilty.

I've found everything from my school reports, junior and high, letters from my Dad and Step-Dad (both have long since died) that I didn't even know I'd kept.

I found letters and cards to and from my boyfriends and my late husband. Sympathy cards and newspaper cuttings following my first husband's death.

I've come across so many 'scribbles' and letters to 'thin air' that I've written over the last twenty-plus years - usually at very low points. Some of them I find hard to recognise as having been written by me, I'm seeing a different person - my 'yesterday' self.

I think the best way for me to carry on with this blog is to just type copies of stuff I've found - which probably means things may be a bit erratic- but it'll be a start...

No comments:

Post a Comment