Friday 23 October 2009

Remember Me - Words of Comfort...

I found this poem, which I wrote just after my husband's step-brother died...
~~~
Remember me for always and hold me in your heart,
God only knows the reason why, so soon we had to part.
But though your heart is aching and tears they have to fall,
Don't cry for me, just smile for me, for now I'm walking tall.
~~~
I'm free from all my aching and pain I feel no more,
Such ease I feel within me, I have never felt before.
So cry no more for me now, just holdyour head up high,
You'll never have to call for me, I'm always standing by.
~~~
The times we used to laugh, remember them for me,
Remember all the good times, as they used to be.
Think no more of sorrow and banish all the pain,
There will be more good times, when we meet up again.
~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment